Sorry it’s been awhile since I blogged…guess I better add that to my list of New Year’s resolutions, huh?
Whether you get into the whole “new year, new you” thing or not, I think the beginning of a new year is a great time to review last year’s triumphs and short falls, along with plan for the upcoming year…even if January is almost over. So let’s start with a short look back at 2014:
- Boston turned 1!
- Martina and I celebrated 3 years of happy marriage – yes all three years have been happy 😉
- Finally met one of Martina’s host family’s from Brazil
- Went to Orlando for a family get away
- Hit my year mark at InsideSales.com and participated in my first golf tourney for work (didn’t win, but had a blast)
- Stayed at the Montage in Park City (it was a work conference)
- Spent Thanksgiving in California with great friends and lots of great food
- Benched 235 lbs (a new max for me)
- Run the SLC Spartan Super (June 27)
- Take a family trip to Cambodia in the summer
- Blog often (once a week – we’ll start from this week)
- Recommit myself to studying Portuguese and Cambodian
- Make it to 4 years of happy marriage with Martina
- Hit 2 years at InsideSales.com
- Cook more meals at home
- And hopefully many other wonderful unforeseen adventures
2014 Short Falls:
I know I should make a list of things I would’ve liked to have done better at, but frankly, most of that stuff translates into what I’m going to be doing this upcoming year.
2015 I have decided is going to be the year of doing difficult things. Maybe I’m the only one, but I find myself being too reactive to life – just taking things as they come, rather than facing it head on. Before I know it, the year has ended and I’m wondering what the heck did I do with my life? So this year I want to challenge myself. Really set some goals, not just silly resolutions. Commit myself to being the man I want to be, while still being happy with the man that I am.
2015 is gonna be a great year and I’m excited for you to share in my adventures! What makes you excited for 2015?